Airbus is in talks with a US airline for A380 order

Let's see if the carrier will turn out to be United or Northwest as I
predicted. :)

BAHA
Fan of predicting things

Airbus says in A380 talks with U.S. carrier
Friday May 7, 4:03 am ET

PARIS, May 7 (Reuters) - European planemaker Airbus (Paris:EAD.PA - News;
London:BA.L - News) is in discussions with a U.S. airline about buying its
superjumbo A380 jet, the company's chief executive Noel Forgeard said on
Friday.

He also said he was very confident that at least one Japanese airline would
operate the A380 and said Airbus was in talks with four new Asian carriers
on the plane, including one in China.

Airbus has obtained orders for the A380 from European, Middle Eastern and
Asian airlines, but no U.S. passenger carrier has ordered one.

Asked by CNBC television whether he was negotiating with a U.S. airline on
an A380 deal, Forgeard answered; "Yes, but I am sorry I cannot disclose."

"We are discussing, yes indeed," he added.

He said Japanese airlines would eventually face pressure to operate A380s at
Narita airport because foreign airlines running the plane would be
benefiting from its efficiencies.

"I am very confident in the fact that at least one major Japanese carrier
will operate the A380," Forgeard said.