Re Airport Security

On 14 Apr 2004 at 15:15, Dennis W  Zeuch wrote:

> If you have no baggage, and a 'paper ticket'
>  (means you cant use the automated checkin stand)
>
> Can you go thru to the gate to checkin and for boarding pass? Or must
> you stand in line to checkin and get boarding pass before proceeding
> to the gate??

Dennis,

You have to have a boarding pass to get by. There are exceptions: For instance, if
a group is renting a room at an airline club a non-traveler can gain access by
having his name submitted to the TSA manning the concourse and (in theory) after
presenting ID access would be granted. And of course there are the people
escorting UM's and other such things too.

This boarding pass thing is a joke. I feel it was initially done to eliminate traffic as
much as possible to help things along when all this was implemented and has
remained ever since. Look at the scrutiny given - any old boarding pass can be
either copied and modified or an html online checkin saved and then edited. That's
why I think it is really just a crowd control thing. If there were real security behind it
some other method would be in place.

Or one would hope so anyway.

mailto:jgivens@xxxxxxxxxxx

A random MP quote: