Re: SFGate: Grounded Concorde takes a barge north to Scottish museum

>   (04-13) 12:41 PDT LONDON (AP) --
>   Crowds gathered along the River Thames to watch a supersonic Concorde
>aircraft begin a very subsonic barge trip Tuesday to its final destination
>at a Scottish museum.
>   As Big Ben chimed, the barge paused at the House of Commons for a
>photo-call -- minus wings and tail, which had been removed for the journey
>north. But the familiar needle-nose was in place.

To add to this article sent by Bill........the front page of the Times
today had a wonderful photograph of Concorde in front of the Palace of
Westminster. I can't seem to find the large photo but a smaller version can
be seen here.

***************************************
Dr. Alastair T. Gardiner

Microbial Photosynthesis Lab 217
Division of Biochemistry & Mol. Biol.
Institute of Biomedical & Life Sciences
Davidson Building
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QQ
Scotland

Tel. (+44) 141 330 6449
Fax. (+44) 141 330 4620
E-mail. atg3v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.gla.ac.uk/ibls/BMB/rjc/agardiner.html

Have a look at my airliner photography at

http://airliners.net/search/photo.search?emailsearch=atg3v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx