NEWS: US Airways Express places the Embraer 170 into service

US Airways Express placed the Embraer 170 into service yesterday.

The first flight was US1618, from Pittsburgh to Albany, operated by N801MA
(012). Later flights went from Pittsburgh to Nashville, Syracuse, Boston, and
Newark, operated by N803MD (015) subbing for N804MD (016) which went tech at the
last minute. Separately, N802MD (013) operated from Kansas City to Philadelphia
and Syracuse.

I was on N803MD on US1624 from PIT to SYR and then on US1625 from SYR to PHL,
and can report that comfort levels are superb. The widest economy seats on any
airliner, no middle seats, and good legroom. Just fantastic.

We had a minor tech delay at SYR, and the rest of the pax re-scheduled onto a
mainline flight. It turned out to be a spurious indicator light, but it took
some time to fix as US didn't have trained technicians at SYR and they had to
consult by phone with technicians back at PIT as they ran the diagnostics.
Anyway, when we left I was the only passenger on board: My own airplane!

Best regards,
Stefano