DigEplayer a Hit With Hawaiian Airlines

SOURCE: Yahoo
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040331/sfw044_1.html

DigEplayer a Hit With Hawaiian Airlines
Wednesday March 31, 8:05 am ET

Latest Use Proves Exciting View Into the Future of APS' Portable
In-Flight Entertainment Device and Its Tremendous Value on the
Transpacific Routes

TACOMA, Wash., March 31 /PRNewswire/ -- On Sunday, March 21, Hawaiian
Airlines and APS launched the digEplayer 5500, the worlds first
completely self-contained, portable in flight entertainment system on
the device's first transpacific flight from Seattle to Honolulu.

"It was unbelievable watching the response from the passengers. When I
worked the beverage cart with the Hawaiian flight attendant loaded with
the digEplayers, we had 3 players running on top of the cart, showing a
children's movie, Master and Commander, and music videos. It took us
less than 15 minutes to sell out all 68 players we had available to
rent," said Bill Boyer, Chairman and Founder of APS.

Ken Clark, Manager of In-flight Training at APS states, "I have never
seen anything like it, families of four had no problem paying for
players for each members of their family. We even saw passengers
returning home from the previous week, reserving players once again."

Boyer and Clark flew nearly 20,000 miles in 6 days from Hawaii to the
mainland, working alongside the hardworking Flight Attendants for
Hawaiian Airlines. Boyer continued, "The flight attendants took to the
digEplayers right away and we appreciate their enthusiasm and support
for our player."

The system found its way to Hawaiian Airlines because of Luana Aiona,
Mgr., Product & Systems Development Onboard Services, and her interest
in the digEplayer after seeing it at the World Airline Entertainment
Association conference in Seattle last September. Aiona said, "When I
first saw the digEplayer on the second day of the conference I
immediately realized the potential the digEplayer would have for us."

Gordon Locke, Sr. VP of Marketing & Sales with Hawaiian also commented,
"This fits our product innovation strategy. During the test period we
ran a comparison on these first 5 flights between the digEplayer and our
standard in-flight system and the digEplayer outsold head-set sales by
nearly 5 to 1."

Ms. Aiona went on to say, "The reaction from our passengers, crew
members, pilots, ground personnel and Management staff has been
overwhelmingly positive. I am convinced the players will be a big hit on
our Honolulu-Sydney routes with the long flight times."

The digEplayer 5500 is the world's first portable, Video-On-Demand,
In-flight entertainment system. The player can hold over 30 full length
feature movies and 10 hours of dynamic music content available on demand
for the airline passenger. The digEplayer is a cost efficient means for
the airlines to provide a variety of entertainment options from first
run movies and television shows to music videos and destination
information. Ms Aiona added, "While we originally looked for an in-seat
system, the digEplayer is a true AVOD system without the wiring,
aircraft down time and weight!" Boyer continues, "Using the rental
formula developed originally by APS, the payback period for carriers
like Hawaiian Airlines can be less then 6 months."

APS is a privately held corporation from Tacoma, WA.

--
David Mueller / MRY
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx