    From: Roger & Amanda La France=20
    To: airline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; Skyone List=20
    Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 1:51 PM
    Subject: [Sky-1] Airline halts plan for lip-shaped urinals in U.S.

    Airline halts plan for lip-shaped urinals in U.S. =20
        =20
        =20
           =20

    Friday March 19, 3:50 PM EST=20

    NEW YORK, March 19 (Reuters) - Virgin Atlantic Airways on Friday =
scrapped plans to install bright-red urinals shaped like women's open =
lips at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, saying it had =
received complaints they were offensive.

    "Virgin Atlantic was very sorry to hear of people's concerns about =
the design of the 'Kisses' urinals to be fitted into our clubhouse at =
JFK Airport. We can assure everyone who complained to us that no offense =
was ever intended," Virgin spokesman John Riordan said in a statement.

    Riordan said the British company received several dozen complaints =
from people and groups including the National Organization for Women =
after its plans for the urinals had been made public. NOW had posted a =
message on its Web site urging members to complain to Virgin chief =
Richard Branson.

    "I don't know many men who think it's cool to pee in a woman's =
mouth, even a porcelain one," said NOW President Kim Gandy on the =
group's Web site.

    The urinal, designed by a Dutch company, was the idea of a female =
designer. Riordan said Virgin was surprised by the negative reaction to =
the plan, part of designs for the lounge, built to pamper first-class =
customers.=20

    =A92004 Reuters Limited.=20