Re: Southwest Advice

E+ is not different than any other airline's normal seat that they reserve
for the elite customers. For instance, since I don't have elite status on
AS, they won't allow me to book online their aisle and window seats in
forward cabin the cabin. The same thing goes with other airlines as well.
The difference with E+ is that you get 5-6 inches more leg room.

As far as booking E+ directly with no status, that's impossible online. UA
guards these seats pretty good, so that they can extend them as perk to
their elite customers. I wanted to get these seats for my wife on her W
class ticket and it was impossible. Even at the gate, she was not given E+
because it was full..

On the other hand, if you buy most of the B fares, (BUA, BU3S, etc.) you get
automatical upgrade to F, provided space available. I am sure if F is full,
you will get an automatic upgrade to E+ as well.

I agree, E- has the same pitch as WN. On the other hand, there is more to
UA's superiority compared to WN. Ch.9, Recarro seats with headrests, free
headphones, some entertainment etc. makes difference.

My only caveat with UA's economy is, that they don't have the power jacks
for laptops. Airplanes are great places to get some work done. So far only
US has them on each seat on their Airbus in coach.

BAHA
Fan of E+