U.S. Airports Not Ready For Airbus A380, Says Lufthansa

Dear Friends

Here are the airlines who have ordered the A380, and whether they currently
operate flights to the United States.

Singapore Airlines (YES)
Lufthansa (YES)
Emirates (YES)
Air France (YES)
Qantas (YES)
Malaysia Airlines (YES)
Virgin Atlantic (YES)
International Lease Finance (WILL DEPEND ON CUSTOMER)
Qatar Airways (NO)
Korean Air (YES)
Fed Ex (YES)

Dave's tongue-in-cheek email brings home reality. No US carrier that needs
such an aircraft can afford the price tag. The king of the hill is no
longer Boeing, but the company from across the pond. And now there is talk
of protectionism, preventing those carriers with A380s from flying that
aircraft to the US.

For political and geographical reasons, decades ago San Francisco chose not
to embrace shipping's container revolution. This decision paved the way for
forward-looking Oakland to become the largest container port in the Bay
area, and forth largest in the US.

Not wanting to make the same mistake again, the revamped SFO airport has
gates that can accommodate the A380.

Russell
SIN