From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 9:19 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Frontier question

LAS/DEN: 627 statue miles (sm)
DEN/SEA: 1022 sm
LAS-DEN-SEA: 1649 sm
LAS/SEA: 866 sm
Difference: 783 sm (nearly twice as long through DEN versus nonstop)
I would say DEN is very much out of the way - or have you looked at a map of
the US recently?

The nonstop time is about 2.5 hours on Alaska, Southwest, and America.

When you say "shortest trip in the city pairing is 4 hrs and 9 mins through
SFO," are you talking about UA?  AS has connecting flights (through PDX) as
short as 3.5 hours and on Soutwhest you can get flight times as short as
3.5-4 hours when using either connecting or 1 stop flights.

David R

> LAS-DEN-SEA (or the other way) is not that out of the way.
> UA 484 SEA-DEN 8:00 AM SEA - 11:35 AM DEN
> UA 1409 DEN 12:20 - LAS 1:09 PM
>
> This trip has 5 hrs and 9 mins of block time.
> The shortest trip in the city pairing is 4 hrs and 9 mins through SFO.
>
> So, it would make sense to connect through DEN. Oh well, maybe I will try
> two tickets, or just fly them on the weekend just for the heck..
>
> BAHA
> Fan of DEN and UA.

LAX.