ATA/Business Class

ATA Airlines To Introduce Business Class

Fare Cap set at $399 Maximum for Domestic Business Class

INDIANAPOLIS, February 10, 2004 - In an aggressive move to meet the needs
of today's business traveler, ATA (ATA Airlines, Inc., Nasdaq: ATAH) today
announced a new Business Class initiative that will be available
system-wide by the fourth quarter of 2004.

"Now that more and more business travelers are discovering the real value
of flying ATA, we're going to make an even stronger proposition by
offering an affordable, high value business class option," said George
Mikelsons, ATA's Chief Executive Officer. "We have been preparing for the
introduction of Business Class for some time.  It's a natural evolution as
we build on our 31-year history of providing better value for our
customers than our competition.

"ATA is a very different airline from the one that began operations more
than 30 years ago.  While our initial emphasis was on the leisure market,
our recent growth has been focused on building a coast-to-coast network
serving a combination of the most popular business as well as leisure
markets - both with convenient schedules and accessible low fares."

Mikelsons added, "Our move to build a more robust company and one ready
for long term success included the acquisition of a state-of
-the-art-fleet providing our customers with on-time performance and
comfort they deserve. We invested in customer-focused technology to make
the travel experience easier, including Web, self-service kiosks and
curbside check in.  We've introduced Travel Awards, one of the easiest and
most robust frequent flyer programs available anywhere.  Our Business
Class initiative is our most recent statement of ATA's transformation to
an airline that is fully competitive, well-positioned for the future and
in touch with our customers' needs."

John Happ, ATA's Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales said, "We
will continue to move forward with ambitious plans for the future.  By
meeting the needs of our customers, we've created a very competitive
company, and adding Business Class is no exception."

In addition to extensive customer research, ATA employed Sabre Airline
Solutions to support the product analysis and to help shape the Business
Class business plan.

"Sabre's work helped to validate the financial opportunity associated with
Business Class," said Happ. "Through our research we've found that
business flyers want more options to make their travel experience easier.
Results from these in-depth customer research programs indicated a high
level of interest in an affordable Business Class option that would
provide more room to work or to relax.  We're responding to that feedback
by providing a straightforward Business Class product at a very reasonable
price."

ATA's Business Class will include travel elements that are valued most by
frequent travelers - two-by-two luxurious leather seating, more comfort
and legroom, priority boarding and pricing consistent with ATA's heritage
of everyday value including a cap of $399*(one way) for travel anywhere in
the domestic U.S. In addition, attractively priced day-of-departure
upgrades will be available.  Business Class passengers will also enjoy
complimentary in-flight entertainment and beverages.  The Company also
noted a customer-oriented policy that is different from any other.
Unlike most airlines, ATA employees will not have access to Business Class
accommodations.

Mikelsons noted, "This policy further demonstrates how ATA is an 'honestly
different' airline."

Happ concluded, "ATA is one of those airlines that is open minded, yet
very focused on our goal to make the entire travel experience affordable
and easier for our customers.  We're flexible in our approach, and we'll
do whatever it takes to win more of them.  Our Business Class initiative
is an example of this thinking, and it helps to differentiate ATA from
other value-based carriers who do not provide a Business Class option."

ATA's Boeing 737-800 and 757-300 aircraft currently feature all-leather
seats, adjustable headrests, large overhead bins and the latest in digital
in-flight audio/video systems.  From multiple music channels to That 70's
Show and The George Lopez Show, the aircraft are full of entertainment
options including movies on transcontinental flights.  Now celebrating 31
years of operation, ATA is the nation's 10th largest passenger carrier
based on revenue passenger miles.  The airline operates significant
scheduled service from Chicago-Midway, Hawaii, Indianapolis, New York and
San Francisco to over 40 business and vacation destinations.  Stock of the
Company's parent company, ATA Holdings Corp., is traded on the Nasdaq
Stock Market under the symbol "ATAH."  For more information about the
Company, visit the website at <www.ata.com>.

###

*Fares do not include a $3.10 federal excise tax that will be imposed on
each flight segment of your itinerary. A flight segment is defined as a
takeoff and a landing. Fares do not include a September 11th Security Fee
of up to $10 per round-trip. Seats are limited, and may not be available
on all flights and dates. A passenger facility charge of up to $18 per
round-trip is not included in fares. A photo I.D. required for flight
check-in.