Re: Calgary - Air Canada

Air Canada's answer: 'Zip'

Recognizing that customers expectations have been slightly lessoned by
Westjet, AC has simply downgraded their service offering, lowered some
operating costs and still charge similar fares.

Who did they invite to the roll-out of the new 'Zip' planes and
service? AC's premier frequent fliers; Super Elites. Needless to say AC
got an earful.

Canadian Airlines had a reasonable 'base' in Calgary. Not truly a hub,
but a reasonable presence, and a maintenance facility for their smaller
and commuter jets. It's rather diminished at the moment. Calgary is a
busy place with 15 odd flights to Edmonton and Vancouver every day, and
maybe 8 or nine to Toronto, and the collection of Dash-8s and 146s
feeding from all over the area.

... I'm still hoping that someone is going to write what REALLY
happened behind the scenes in the summer of 1999 with Onex, American
Airlines, Canadian Airlines, Air Canada, Lufthansa/United and the
battle for Canada's skies.

Matthew