Re: SF Gate: Virgin USA keeps SFO in contention/Airport 1 of 3 finalists for headquarters

Bill Hough wrote:

>    But with soft transatlantic and transpacific travel during the past few
> years and the rise of low-cost carriers with discounted fares, SFO has
> recently been courting low-cost carriers. Landing Virgin USA would be a
> coup for the airport, which, uncharacteristically, has several unused
> gates.

Not to mention an entire empty, still-under-renovation Terminal 2.

One thing that has me wondering about SFO is how Virgin would deal with
SFO's chronic weather delays.  They caused Southwest to leave SFO, and
were one of the things that made flying the United Shuttle such a
miserable experience.

--
David Mueller / MRY
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx