Re: Run That By Me Again

>From: "Bahadir Acuner" <bahadiracuner@xxxxxxxxx>
> Try 9 hrs without a food when you are flying YUL-ORD-SEA and you are
> connecting on ACA. Try getting to the airport 4 hrs in advance instead of
2
> , cutting 2 more hours from your billable time on one end of the trip, 2
> hours from the loved one on the other.
Apples and Oranges here, Bahadir.  You're talking international flights.
Southwest is strictly domestic. There's no reason to get to the airport 4
hours in advance on a domestic flight.

> Try knowing where to sit, instead of pushing and kicking to get on board.
In my many flights on Southwest, I have never seen pushing and kicking to
get on board.

> Try 34-35 inches of pitch instead of 31-32. Try 18 inches wide seats
instead
> of 17.
Southwest doesn't offer First Class.  I don't know of any airline that has
34-35 inches in coach.  Most coach seats are also 17 inches wide.

> Try flying 5000 miles every week instead of 1000 once a year...
> Try most number of flights giving you the option of having more flight
> options and not have to wait 6 hours for the next flight just in case
> something goes wrong with the flight that you booked.
In most of Southwest's city pairs, there are many flights a day - you
wouldn't have to wait more than an hour or so.  Southwest also has one of
the best on-time records.  I remember a flight I took that the incoming
aircraft was something like 30 minutes late. Though it was running 30
minutes later, we made it to our destination only a few minutes late.  This
was the first time I actually could feel the speed of the aircraft at
altitude.

> Try $1mil. To change the entire break system on a 777 instead of few
grands
> on 737 (This was given by a pilot on a United flight on Ch.9 to explain
pax
> why the costs of of majors are higher than the discount airlines).
Different aircraft, different maintenance costs.  What is it - 14 wheels on
a 777 compared to 6 on a 737? Also sounds like the pilot was trying to
justify their overblown salaries