Re: Tripling of Capacity for Air Traffic

A drop in NavCanada's level of service may have occurred but I don't
consume their services directly, so I couldn't be sure. But no
catastrophic drop of their services has occurred, or so it seems.

If NavCanada didn't become unshackled from the Fed. Government's
constraining labour rules, who knows what might have been the level of
service we would be suffering now. Simple things such the inability to
incent labour practices such as mentoring were reportedly quite
restrictive.

As for Transport Canada's handling of airport, it's been a mess. The
press has loved this topic, and YVR, being one of the first
'privatizations' (quotation marks truly required) has complained
loudly, and rightfully.

NavCanada, ICBC and the other 'private' organizations which provide
previously government provided services don't have to pay exorbitant
land leasing fees as YVR does.

Transport Canada's complete poker face, and inability to be clear as to
their direction has made the problem even worse.

Matthew

(I didn't necessarily praise privatization, but I wanted to make sure
it wasn't like a municipal government outsourcing their garbage
collection.)

http://www.redmac.ca - Getting Canadian's their Macintosh accessories
http://www.justaddanoccasion.com - Great gift ideas, featuring smoked
salmon