Re: SF Gate: Southwest switching to electric-powered ground equipment at Burbank's airport

Hyperbole?  From Alireza?  Perish the thought!

-----Original Message-----
From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Donald Mamula
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 8:50 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SF Gate: Southwest switching to electric-powered ground
equipment at Burbank's airport

On 21 Jan 2004 at 14:49, Alireza Alivandivafa wrote:

> Well, the world's busiest airport is named after 2 politicians, One of
> the main gateways to the US after a beloved president, another of
> NYC's airports after an idea, and one after a great aviator who was a
> nazi sympathizer.

I don't think that Fiorello LaGuardia was a great aviator.

If you are talking about name Lindberg, you have Lindberg Field in San Diego
and the Lindberg terminal at MSP.

As for the "Nazi sympathizer" label....I think you will find that he had
great respect and admiration for German aviation capabilities, and was a
staunch isolationist.  But "sympathizer" seems out of place and smacks of
hyperbole.