Re: B6 and LGA

In a message dated 1/21/2004 4:40:52 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> If I remember correctly, 1 slot = either a take off or a landing so we are
> talking about a grand total of 5 flights here, not very much but enough to
> wreck the aircraft scheduled to fly there unless they pad the times a lot.
>
> This, coupled with its stupid plan to get regional jets, can only hurt
> JetBlue, not help it. JetBlue needs to stick to its business model or it will
> become another PeopleExpress, Air Florida, Florida Express, etc.

Ten slots at LGA could be used for transcon flights to the left coast, upping
the ante since Cactus began non-stoppers to LAX & SFO from JFK.  Somehow the
JFK-OAK flights of B6 don't have the sex appeal of JFK-SFO!  As far as the
jungle jets go...more headaches for US Airways as JetBlue can fly as many as they
want.  Plus an A320 is too large for most of those routes anyway.

RT Simpson
Phoenix