Re: One of these long time airlines will no longer exist. Which o ne?

I think I need to clarify what I meant.  The current Piedmont (which I'll call PI2) is the current name of Henson Aviation, a company that actually predates Piedmont Airlines (whose code was PI). The two did have a relationship in that PI2 operated flights for PI; however, the name change for Henson did not occur until many years after the PI/Allegheny (now US Airways) merger.

US, by changing the name, is trying to bank on the good name of PI.

http://www.piedmont-airlines.com/CoInfo.htm