Westjet Moves Eastern Hub From YHM To YYZ.

WestJet Online -Press Release
Press Releases

FOR: WESTJET

TSX SYMBOL: WJA=20
      WestJet Announces A Tripling of Toronto Service=20

JANUARY 14, 2004 - 06:00:00 ET
CALGARY, ALBERTA--WestJet today announced the following changes to its=20
schedule effective April 18, 2004. These changes are part of WestJet's=20
2004 expansion plans announced on December 22, 2003 but include schedule =

details as well as details of a redeployment of capacity from Hamilton=20
to Toronto. To facilitate this redeployment, WestJet will be moving its=20
Toronto operations to the larger Terminal 1 (New) from Terminal 3 on=20
April 8, 2004. A complete list of WestJet's schedule changes is=20
available in the accompanying Schedule Change Backgrounder. =20
=20
Clive Beddoe, WestJet's President, CEO and Executive Chairman, said=20
today: "I am very pleased to announce the details of this, the=20
latest phase of our aggressive schedule enhancements for 2004 which will =

provide 1,580 weekly network departures. These changes are made possible =

by the addition of one new 737-700 series aircraft and the redeployment=20
of capacity from Hamilton. =20
=20
"These schedule enhancements have also been made possible by the=20
opening of and our move to Terminal 1 (New) in Toronto's Pearson=20
International Airport. With this move WestJet will now occupy a prime=20
location in Canada's largest airport and will have the opportunity to=20
serve from Toronto the key markets of Montreal, Ottawa, Halifax and=20
Winnipeg, improving profitability as a result. Our guests have continued =

to ask us to provide WestJet services between these major Canadian=20
cities and we are pleased that this new schedule will allow us to meet=20
this demand." =20
=20
WestJet's new schedule, effective April 18, 2004, features 1,580 weekly=20
departures across Canada, including 182 from Toronto's Pearson=20
International Airport, nearly triple today's Toronto schedule. =20
=20
Throughout 2004, WestJet will add 11 new Next-Generation aircraft to its =

fleet. WestJet currently operates a fleet of 44 Boeing 737 aircraft, 25=20
of which are state-of-the-art Next-Generation 700-series aircraft=20
equipped with leather seats and enhanced legroom. WestJet will be=20
installing live seatback satellite TV on its entire fleet of 737-700=20
aircraft. =20