From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Alireza Alivandivafa
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 12:13 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Las Vegas Airline Eyes Santa Maria

<<Oxnard is questionable at best because of the Southwest draw at both LAX
and BUR.  Frankly, I am somewhat unclear how SkyWest is making a go of
Oxnard service as it is.>>

It was actually a joke, highlighting the fact that santa maria service is
not the best option.  Skywest makes a go of their service because they get
fee-per from UA, which guarentees a profit.  I think UA makes a profit
because people prefer to go through the one security machine at OXR and get
better seats for their beyond LAX flight. Not many people fit on those
Brasillias so it does not take long.  Also, they stand in a really short
line.  I have noticed that the terminal is full of Business travelers, so
that shows that UA can collect a premium.