From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Michael A. Burris
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 9:51 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Northwest To Fly Portland =96_Tokyo_Nonstop

David / All:

Portland has become an increasingly important
international departure point for the Asia Pacific Rim
countries.  Is there something strategically
significant about Portland that warrants this
attention?  Has their economy increased so
significantly as to offer continuous service point to
point, without being a transfer for other cities?

I'm not knocking Portland by any stretch, but with
Seattle not so far North and San Francisco just south,

I wonder if this will pan out in say two to three
years?  What is Portland's largest industry?

Thanks,

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Mass

"Fan of people in the know and locals."