Re: AF flights cancelled -do you think the government jumped the gun

Mark,
once again, I think the government is thinking that the US public is
dumb. (Ok, maybe record watchers of World Idol proove that but there
are some smart ones among ourselves <grin>)

I think we are doing a wrong job, at the wrong time.. Of course, I don't
have the insider information on this, but according some news channels
the flights were cancelled because some people in suspected terrorist
list were on them.. Let's see, with the help of organized crime and
with the ease of being able to purchase fake ids, why would a terrorist
use his/her real name?

I just recently read a news report of some Chechen rebels stealing IDs
from people in Turkey and Bulgaria to fight against Russian troops.
It is also really easy to produce passports, IDs from 3rd world countries,
and these are not linkable to the real IDs of individuals that receive
them..

This reminds me of FBI declaring a list of some people who were looking
for,(was a year or so ago), and then some of the people turning out to
be a shoemaker in Pakistan..

If you ask me all these jittery code alerts don't mean a thing when some
absolute basic things are not taken care of.

I brought up the subjects of luggages not being secreened until they go
way inside the terminals. The other day I saw someone droping off a pax
in an RV at Sea-Tac.

Sure, we're after nailclippers, but we are not addressing these major
flaws in the security..

BAHA
Fan of real security