Re: re will ATA accept another airlines ticket

In a message dated 12/20/03 9:50:16 PM, mpanitz@xxxxxxxx writes:

<<  asked this question and the only answer I got was not in bulk?
what in the heck does that mean? I know my friends didn't buy a BULK
TICKETS
just a ticket to/from Lax to OGG and Back   and they were issued by a
travel agency. >>

A Bulk ticket is issued by a tour operator, or consolidator at a discounted
price.

ATA has contracts with Pleasant Holidays and Turico Holidays to issue bulk
fares on ATA operated flights.

Both tour operators issue bulk tickets on the SF-Hawaii routes and LAX-Hawaii
routes.

Bulk tickets have no value, which means you cannot be compensated for delays
or cancellations.

If you get a chance ask your friend if the ticket was bought from a Travel
Agency, but issued from a tour operator (this is on the ticket)..

Happy Holidays

Scott SFO
"A Travel Shop owner who sells aprox 98% bulk tickets to Hawaii"