Re: NYTimes.com Article: US Airways; Stock Hurt By Southwest

Sorry, but paying more to fly US still doesn't make sense to me and all the
other pax out there trying to fly as cheap as possible.  If US sincerely
believes that people are willing to pay more for their service they need to shut it
down now before they lose a ton of other people's money.

1.  What stampede?  People line up in different lines for boarding by group -
I've never seen a stampede.  Sometimes some slimy C group people try to sneak
into the B group but they get caught by the agent collecting the boarding
cards.

2.  The seating is no better on certain aircraft types on US than Southwest.
In fact, I think some Southwest 737's have more pitch than US 737's.

3.  First class - on short hauls who cares?  The old snotty ass F/A's on US
are not worth enduring when you have energetic friendly F/A's on Southwest.

4.  Better food?  What better food?  I haven't gotten a meal on US in years -
it's always some cheapass snack that is no better than Southwest peanuts.
I've been bringing my own meal with me onboard and it's far tastier than any
crap US serves on whatever flights they have left with meal service.

5.  Seats, schmeats - I always end up with a decent seat on Southwest because
I get there early enough for group B seats.

6.  You got the big advantage here but are people willing to pay more on
short haul flights to fly US out of Philadelphia?  I thought that was the topic
here.

7.  If you're on US, then the pax profile is no better than Southwest.  I've
seen very few Turkeys on Southwest, which is good.  Most of the people I've
flown with on Southwest look like the type to not even know where Turkey is,
which is good.

Jose Prize
Fan of burning up all my US miles this past summer so they won't disappear
with the airline