Re: NYTimes.com Article: US Airways; Stock Hurt By Southwest

Why US Airways is better than WN ? :

1. No stamped at the boarding.
2. Better (read more comfortable) airplanes thanks to the extra inch on the
seat width.
(That makes a diff)
3. First class for some people who prefer perks such as upgrades.
4. Better food than WN. (On United they serve a full meal on PHL- LAX
nonstops)
I also like the idea of purchasing food on the airplane. Those fruit salads
for $5
are much healtier and tastier compared to the McD's.
5. Assigned seats. (Go to www.seatguru.com and see the good seats)
6. Code share with LH.. I can buy one ticket on US/UA and travel all around
the world. If I was traveling SEA-PHL-FRA-IST then I 'd buy my ticket from
one
source, check my luggage at one place and get them in IST.
Not only that if I was traveling in two tickets one on WN with SEA-PHL-SEA
routing,
and PHL-FRA-IST on another ticket and if my flight from FRA was late, I'd be
screwed.

7. Lastly, better pax profile.. :)

BAHA
Fan of avoiding WN as best as I can.