Re: 7E7 and Airbus

Clay Wardlow wrote:

> With all the talk this week of the 7E7, I started to wonder how Airbus
> sees it. Do they see it as a threat, or do they just see it as Boeing
> trying to be like them, but ultimately they will fail.
>
> What do you think?

Airbus has a different vision of the future than Boeing.  Basically,
Airbus sees increasing demand over key hub to hub routes resulting in
the need for bigger airplanes, thus the A380.  Boeing sees hubs breaking
up in favor of point to point service, thus a need for smaller, but
potentially long range, aircraft, such as the 7E7.

--
David Mueller / MRY
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx