WN 727's

In a message dated 12/13/2003 1:17:25 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The reason WN leased the first aircraft above has something to do with the
> legal battles between WN and BN. I cannot locate the article from either
> Airways or Airliners that explains the battle but it did have something to do
> with Love Field.

Hmmmm, that's something I never heard before.  The legal battles Braniff
waged with Southwest at Love Field were resolved well in advance of the lease
dates (3/79-1/80), but it could have happened (Harding Lawerence did a lot of
interesting things).  The 727-291 mentioned was built for Frontier and came to
Braniff when Frontier realized the 737 was better suited to it's route system.
Another Frontier 727-291 that migrated to Braniff was the "Flying Colors USA"
aircraft painted by Alexander Calder.  Good ol "Sneaky Snake" was disliked by
pilots as it was a hard aircraft to trim at crusising altitude according to
author and former BN pilot Jim Nance.

RT Simpson
Phoenix