From: Alireza Alivandivafa [mailto:DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:49 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FW: DC-3 Ground School Information

In a message dated 12/10/2003 9:34:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Robert.Fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Hey,  any old f--ts out there want to take off where you left off at the
end
 of WW11?  Here is your chance.   I spent many hours as a passenger in the
 DC- 3/C-47, It may be older than dirt, but it can haul much more over its
 rated carrying capacity.  The younger folks out there might like to get
into
 this aircraft and learn something new!   Go for it ! >>

It is not only old farts would would want to do this.  In the town my
parents
live in, Camarillo CA, there is a group called the commerative air force
that
maintains two of the very few Connies that are still airworthy and a really
cool C46 as well.  You can talk to them about type rating on those planes,
especially the C46.

PS. I did not know there was an eleventh World War, and I am a big time dove