JetBlue trip OAK-JFK-OAK over T-Day

Dunno what's up with this, but I did my first run on B6 OAK-JFK-OAK. A
few issues:

1) "DirecTV" 24 channels! Woo-hoo? Why is there not ONE MOVIE CHANNEL
in that mix? I'm not asking for HBO or Skinimax -- how about just AMC
or TCM? How about a real news channel instead of CNN Headline? This
can't be a satellite issue, as the plane would lose lock on some
channels but not others during turns.

2) No food. Fine, tell me that, but then don't give me a snack at the
end of the flight after I've brought my own food. Space is at a premium
and all that. However, I do appreciate you not begrudging me the
pleasure of an entire can of soda, unlike other airlines trying to
"save money".

3) Leather seats are nice, but the seat room is the same as SWA. I'd
take cloth for another inch of leg room. My wife would take the hide of
the Nauga.

4) Anyone know what that card reader is for?

5) OAK-JFK departed on time, arrived 35 minutes ahead of schedule.
Baggage on-scene in five minutes.

6) Name and graphics better than "Ted".

7) Every square inch was covered in advertising. Try an "EcoNWipe" on
your tray table, pick your VH1C hits for branded red-eye viewing,
'www.jetblue.com' was emblazoned on the engine cowlings FACING THE
PASSENGERS. "TerraBlue" chips are the official chips of JetBlue; the FA
announced these as "Terrible", which caught on with the passengers
(they're not, btw).

8) The terminal at JFK is a mess, but it does have a WiFi hotspot. Why?
Well, all of the B6 pilots carry laptops with WiFi to do their pre- and
post-flight paperwork and such, so they offer up the extra bandwidth to
the public. Pretty nice of them.

9) Anyone know who JFK Terminal 6 used to belong to? (5 was TWA)

10) JFK-OAK departed late and arrived late. Baggage claim in Terminal
One at OAK hasn't changed since the 70s (to wit, it's a mess), but
on-scene in 10 minutes. There were more babies on that flight than I
thought existed in the world -- a huge line of gate-checked strollers
was in the jetway when we deplaned.

11) TSA continues to be a pointless exercise. OAK doesn't force you to
take off your shoes, but everyone did anyway. JFK they told you that
you didn't have to, but if you rang the magnometer you'd be delayed
while they wanded you. Since they sprung for the new false-color x-ray
machines, I don't know why they didn't spring for the good magnometers:
the kind that indicate where on your body the magnometer triggered.
Would save them lots of time in the screening process. I still have no
doubt I could get a weapon through, if I worked at it for a while.

--
| Kenton A. Hoover / Private Citizen / San Francisco, California USA |