Re: AIRLINE Digest - 28 Nov 2003 to 29 Nov 2003 (#2003-196)

In a message dated 12/1/2003 7:02:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, dwl@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< There are several real contributions you get with only ticketed
passengers.
 First, and
 foremost, you look at plain fewer people. The more people to screen, the
 more likely
 someone is to slip through.

Last I checked, they do not screen based on looks.  The machines do all the
screening, if they go off, you automatically are wanded.  You can't slip
through that.

Second, you get a chance to screen and profile
 based
 on the ticket purchase, so you can focus more effort on people with higher
 risk profiles
 and unknowns and less on people with low risk profiles.

They do that at the gate, before boarding, not at security.  When you get a
checkerboard on your BP, you are searched at the gate.  BTW, I have an Iranian
name and traveled too and from Vegas on 1 way tix bought separately, one a
couple hours before travel and did not get the secondary on either flight.  Did
sit next to John Ashcroft on the flight back to LAX though.  I shit you not.
Only this one was 21, Mormon, and more liberal

Third, you make it
 harder
 for your opponents to game the system by going through security lots of times
 without flying and not being tracked. >>

game this system?