Re: Accommodating the A380

Well, I've seen both C-5s and Antonov An-124s there, so I don't see why
not.   The A380 is only a few feet longer than a 747-400, and the
wingspan is about 60 ft wider.   The MTOW is 1,285,000 lbs. vs. 875,000
lbs.   The only thing that is slightly problematic is the wingspan
while taxiing, which can be dealt with by ground control.   The runway
length (28R/10L) is 11,870 ft. which should not pose a problem.

Singapore Airlines has committed to flying the A380 into SFO when
they're delivered.  It would not surprise me if Qantas did likewise.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx