Re: Waco airport how big is it? can it handle jet (747 traffic)

See http://www.airnav.com/airport/KACT

Don't forget - even with all the added stuff, the VC25 probably has a
lighter weight than the 747-200 that it is based on.

No, ACT doesn't stand for airline carrier terminal.  It's in Texas so it
could stand for wACo, Texas. Instead of the current name of Waco Regional,
it could have also been named something else that would have made sense with
the code ACT.

 By the way, there's not regulation that the 3 letter code has to stand for
anything, although an attempt is made to get the code similar to the
airport.
Look at all of the Navy air bases:
NXX: Willow Grove
NQX: Key West
NZY: North Island
Few, if any, Naval air bases make any sense.

David R
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross/books.html