Czech plane diverted to Iceland over bomb threat

Czech plane diverted to Iceland over bomb threat

Tuesday November 18, 4:20 PM EST

PRAGUE, Nov 18 (Reuters) - A Czech Airlines (CSA) flight from Prague to New York's John F. Kennedy airport was diverted to Iceland on Tuesday after officials received reports of a bomb threat, a CSA spokeswoman said.

"We received a report from the U.S. embassies both in Bratislava, Slovakia, and in Prague that a bomb may have been placed on our plane," CSA spokeswoman Marcela Pickova told Reuters.

"The plane was diverted to the closest airport, which was Keflavik in Iceland," she added.

CSA flight OK 050 departed from Prague at 12:40 p.m. (1340 GMT) and had just passed over Iceland when the threat was received, she said.

Pickova said a bomb squad began searching the airliner around 2040 GMT. Passengers will continue on to New York on Wednesday.

None of the 174 passengers and 10 crew members were harmed, she said.

Roger
EWROPS