Re: Little Rock Denies Reality

In a message dated 11/8/2003 1:35:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Can be justified though:
>
> 1. A single call center large enough to handle all of their calls may
> not be as cost effective as multiple smaller call centers.

Except if it is in Bombay, Belfast or some other English speaking country
with cost efficient labor!  (hey..it's bound to happen sooner than later)

> 2. Strategic placement of multiple call centers in different time zones
> reduces the number of employees you have to find willing to work an
> overnight shift.  For example, someone working 8am to 5pm in Honolulu
> works the same time as someone working 1pm to 10pm in Atlanta.

Hmmmm...last time I checked, LUV had no plans to use their 737NGs to HON!

> 3. If one call center is forced to close for some reason, others are
> still operational to take over the calls.  A San Diego call center would
> be unaffected by a big snowstorm in Denver.

That's why the only call center snow proof, earthquake proof and locust proof
 is here in PHX.  When's the last time someone called in to say there was too
much sunshine to come to work?  And it is a dry heat, you know.

Sorry, Arkansas...be happy LUV offered employees work elsewhere!

RT Simpson
Phoenix