Re: [Sky-1] Differences in parking CRJs

This is from a BlueRidge (ACA) pilot :

Correct, there was an AD out on the flaps years ago. From what I understand,
early on there were numerous FLAP FAIL messages posted causing a FLAPS 0
landing. Bombardier found the problem and offered 2 solutions...1) Keep
FLAPS 8 or 20 after landing to reduce wear, thus avoiding the problem. 2)
Have Bombardier fix the issue while sharing the expense with the owner of
the lease.
ACA went with the latter of the two, no matter if the A/C is overnighting or
departing quickly, our FLAPS always go to 0 after landing.