[no subject]

Subject: Re: [AIRLINE] SF Gate: Feds threaten airlines over discount fares' hidden fees
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:58:09 +0000

THe problem is that the taxes are not going to runways and keeping airports up to date.  There is a huge surplus in the aviation trust fund.  However, this fund is being used to show that the federal debt is not that high.

The segment fee is the worse of the taxes.  Can you tell me that it takes $3 per person for ATC?  It doesn't cost any more to control a 747 with 350 people in it than it does a Cessna 402 with 9 people yet the fee is the same.

What other industry, besides tobacco, has such a high rate of taxation?

David R