From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Dennis W Zeuch
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 6:31 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Statement from Northwest Airlines Mechanics Union

> We're pleased that Northwest's finances have improved and hope this=20
> will result in rehiring some of our laid-off members
Makes sense to me,   business is up, passengers are up, flights are =
being
reinstated, profits are up so one would expect SOME of the laid off =
workers
to be recalled to work.  (not more work being 'outsourced to east =
timbuckbu
' ) If more and more Americans dont get back to work for reasonable =
wages
they cant spend or buy stuff and the economy is never gonna be better.