Re: Statement from Northwest Airlines Mechanics Union

Come on, now.  Nobody can be this stupid! $42 million is chump change given the size of NW.

This idiot actually wants to re-hire everybody right away?  He needs to let the airline maintain profitabilty for a few quarters before even thinking of something like this.

Oh, I forgot - the purpose of a union is to bankrupt the company with totally irrational, stupid, and f**ked-up plans.  Hey, as long as it's good for the employee, who the hell gives a damn about the company.

Go ahead, Mr. Atkinson (and other self-serving union bosses).  Get your people re-employed.  However, there won't be much of a demand for an employee to work at a bankrupt company.

David R