Re: Back to the starting point with airport security

In a message dated 10/14/2003 4:48:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bahadiracuner@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Evan I beg to differ on this. There is still a lot of freedom in GA
 market in the US. Even Canada is much better compared to Europe but
 it is still costly to operate a C172 in Canada vs. in the USA.
 Michael Gammon can back me up on this.

 The GA traffic in Europe , especially in terms of small GA aircraft
 is completely out of reach.

 Despite all this, insurance companies are killing the GA in the US
 without the government imposing the fees, etc.

 I am not that hopefull about the future of ATC services in the US though.
 With the huge amount of deficits, everything that government provides
 $$$ to will be second guessed in the years to come; especially after
 the Nov. 2004 election..

The reason ATC can be so open here is because we have the best controllers
watching the non-professional pilots