Re: Back to the starting point with airport security

In a message dated 10/14/2003 1:33:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
emcelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Canada, and I believe also (parts of?) Europe, both of which I've heard you
 compare favourably to the capitalist barbarians of your homeland, have
 privatized air traffic control. The world has not noticeably come to an end=
 ,
 at least here in Montr=E9al. (Canada also has retained privatized airport
 security, as well, which has, I note, been significantly tightened in the
 last six months or so.) >>

I disagree that they compare favorably.  The most minute number of MACs here
have been cause by ATC, rather they have been caused by bad piloting, while
just last year ATC in Europe caused a MAC between a TU-154 and a 757.  I know
for a fact that the privatized towers in the US now have people playing cards
and not paying due attention to traffic.  There are somethings that are
inherently governmental, like police, fire and ATC.

Also, my name is Alireza, not Ali.  Please address me by Alireza