Who Got Skunked More?

In a message dated 10/5/2003 10:23:10 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx writes:

> So basically, AA got a bunch of MD-80s and a few 757s in that deal?  How
> much
> did they pay anyway?

As I recall about $750m plus the assumption of beau coup debt in spite of an
11th hour effort by Carl Icahn to wrestle back control of the carrier he
raped, plundered and otherwise decimated years earlier.  Of course AMR was able to
renegotiate some outlandish leases TW signed due to their non-existent credit
rating.  But the added inventory came at the worst possible time and they
wound up with a bunch of aircraft they couldn't use (wrong engines and the B717)
That left them with a second midwest hub at a time when their Chicago fortress
was finding the going tough.  So who got skunked more?  UA and their aborted
purchase of US Airways or AA with their TW acquistion?  I think I know the
AAnswer.

RT Simpson
Phoenix