Re: Concorde Farewell

Is it that the design is defective or that the airframe is past its
lifetime? If the first, then it would be a crime (metaphorically, at
least) to fly one, or to suggest that one can fly one by continuing to
support it which means Airbus is doing the right thing. If the latter,
why not have Airbus build some new (improved) Concorde's for PR?
Suppose you were an official at an airline that was going to purchase
airplanes, and Airbus flew you to its plant & offices on a Concorde. I
don't know about you, but this Boeing fan would be impressed.

john