Re: Concorde Farewell

Hi Gerry

I don't think that is really correct in regards to double e-mails.

If you post to the list, you'll definitely get your e-mail back as it goes
to everyone on the list, including the sender. However, the second time you
are referring to might be the acknowledgement that is sent out if your
settings require such an acknowledgement. This is from Airline List:

begin==>

You can also tell LISTSERV how you want it to confirm the  receipt of
messages you  send to the list. If  you do not trust the  system, send a
"SET  AIRLINE REPRO" command and  LISTSERV will send  you a  copy of  your
own  messages, so  that you  can see  that the message was distributed and
did not get damaged on the way. After a while you  may find  that this  is
getting  annoying, especially  if your  mail program does not  tell you
that the  message is from you  when it informs you that new  mail has
arrived from  AIRLINE. If you send  a "SET AIRLINE ACK  NOREPRO"
command,  LISTSERV will  mail you  a short  acknowledgement instead, which
will  look different in your mailbox  directory. With most mail programs
you  will know immediately that this  is an acknowledgement you can read
later. Finally, you can turn off acknowledgements completely with "SET
AIRLINE NOACK NOREPRO".

<==end

In summary, those who receive two of the same probably have their command
set at SET AIRLINE REPRO. If you just a quick "10-4" from Listserv, use SET
AIRLINE ACK NOREPRO. And if you only want to see your own post once, use
SET AIRLINE NOACK NOREPRO.

Regards

Russell
SIN