Re: Concorde Farewell

...There are a lot of upscale neighborhoods around
Smyrna/Dobbins where the NIMBY's would raise hell if
any additional traffic were created.

Not the same situation 20 or so miles south at ATL.
There was not much organized opposition as the land
for the new runway was mixed light industrial/office
and low-end housing. The people who lived in the
affected area were more than happy to get big bucks
for their property and move elsewhere....