Re: Terminally bad: 5 worst international airports

To which I add

- the escalators to the platform for the rail shuttle between T1 and T2
which do not really secure the trolleys with your baggage very well,
- the long-lived illiterate sign at the x-ray machine prior to check-in in
T2 for the airline I was using which says "no hand baggage" when what
they mean is "please (n.b. please) allow your checked baggage to go through
the x-ray machine",
- the security check into the departure area in T2 where wands are used for
a body check on all passengers but only a man can check a man and a woman a
woman and the gender ratio of staff does not match the gender ratio of
passengers.
- The last day I was travelling, a large group seemed to be connecting from
a fight ex Korea to my flight, but they computer did not show they were
through-checked in.  One person was at the desk in the boarding area and was
not helped by other staff and had to deal with transferring all bags giving
the phone number for the coupons to the baggage hall and issuing boarding
cards.  It took longer to transfer the passengers to the connecting
intra-Europe flight than to turnround the flight from Korea.
- a security scare whioch saw passengers confined to one half of a baggage
hall did not impress either.

The redeeming features are teh Lufthansa staff wh are generally pleasant and
helpful
and the aviation shop in the arrivals area of T1.  It is just as well the
shop is not run by Frankfurt Handling.

Antoin Daltun