Re: [Sky-1] Air Industry Still Turbulent Since Sept. 11

--------------------

By Randi F. Marshall
STAFF WRITER

October 1, 2003

waiters and waitresses, who earned $3.95 an hour, the report showed.
Although pilots worked fewer hours a week, their salaries were still
higher.<<<<<

Sure.. No mention of regional pilots making $16/hr with 70 hr minimums per
month.  A regular employee works 160 hrs per month. Do the simple math (16
times 70) devided by 160. That comes to $7/hr. That's after spending close
to 100K for training.

>>>"Airline pilots make more than doctors and lawyers, " said Spencer
Ferdinand, the Queens Economic Development Corp. executive director. "When
you take a look at Queens, which has two airports, those are the jobs we
want here."<<<<

Hmmm, I have a doctor student who owns 3 airplanes, A BMW Z4 Alpine, BMW 7
series , 4 houses in different resorts, etc. etc. I have many friends who
are dying to get that $7/hr pilot job.

>>>There are signs the industry is on its way back.<<<
This is conflicting with the title of the article. What a hog wash!!!

I have a free day. Maybe I should call Randi and Spencer just for the kick..

BAHA
Fan of pilots trying to make a living with minimum wage salaries.