Re: JBU Boston service press release

In a message dated 9/30/2003 6:53:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dmueller7@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Alaska will take over LGB-SEA service from Horizon (which was using
 commuter aircraft slots) beginning December 14.

 http://www.alaskasworld.com/newsroom/asnews/ASstories/AS_20030804_111143.asp

Thanks for that one.  I had not seen that

 Unused slots at LGB are reassigned by lottery.  In late June/early July
 America West lost a slot due to inactivity and Alaska got it. >>

I did know that, but it is not a lottery.  It is a system where they gave AA,
AS and B6 a spot, and they rotate the position.  I believe it goes AS, AA,
B6, B6, AA, AS.  Also, if AA or AS give up a slot, I believe it goes to B6