FORWARD THIS PAGE OUT! Taiwan, Touch Your Heart; Taiwan, Touch My Heart!

Taiwan, Touch Your Heart; Taiwan, Touch My Heart!

http://netcity5.web.hinet.net/UserData/rf104g/taiwan.html

September 2003, China Airlines and the Tourism Bureau, Rep. of China, =
planed to color-paint a B747-400 (B747-409, registration No. B-18209) to =
promote the tourism of Taiwan. Almost completing the painting job, China =
Airlines announced discontinue the project just the day before the press =
conference of this beautiful airplane.=20

It is confirmed by several local news agency that, China Airlines =
discontinue this project  because Mainland China government would =
'protest against this airplane' for political reasons and might hurt the =
business interest and opportunities of CAL in mainland China.  Two days =
later, this airplane was painted back to its original paint-scheme.

It hurts our hearts, not to see this 'B747-400 of Taiwan' flying in the =
sky...

--
B. RDS. from Benjamin PO Yu (ICQ#7860443)

" I know that I shall meet my fate,
  somewhere among the clouds above.. "=20

  From " An Irish Airman Foresees His Death "
    by William Butler Yeats