From: The Airline List [mailto:AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Gerard M Foley
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 8:10 AM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Light aircraft use commercial airspace

      What's this about?  Does FAA allow this?

      Australia's New Airspace Reforms May Compromise Safety

      Copyright =A9 2003, Dow Jones Newswires

      CANBERRA (AP)--The safety of thousands of commercial flights across
Australia could be compromised by planned airspace reforms, air traffic
controllers warned Thursday.

      Based on the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration's airspace model,
the new National Airspace System (NAS) will allow light aircraft to use
commercial airspace without having their flight plans approved by air
traffic control.

Gerry
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/aerial/aerial.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley