Re: United Incident at Syracuse

My two
cents, but I think it is stupid for airlines to rely on cargo to make money.
thought those days went away with the DC-3!!

Cargo profitability comes and goes with the route and the demand but often it
really makes a difference. I spent most of my 31 yrs with SR in cargo sales
and ops and a full DC10 from USA to Europe can often carry 20,000 KGS of cargo,
some at several dollars a Kilo.
PS it took more people at the tkt counter to tell the psgrs to 'get on the
plane and sit' than it took to load the freight.  Go figure...
DENNIS