Re: Boeing 717-300X

....Another thing I have been curious about...

When AA bought the DC-9 'Super' 80 they insist (and to
this day) refer to it as that rather than an
MD-80.....Yes, I know I do an AA 'MD-80' t-shirt, and
it is interesting to note that AA OK'd that rather
than using the DC-9 'Super 80' moniker which AA is
evidently fixated with till this day!.....

Anybody got any reasons for this?

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA